"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy;

I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly."

John 10:10




Monday, April 28, 2014

Baby update

A lot has been going on lately that I really do want to catch up on.  But the main event in my mind has been preparing for baby.  

Tomorrow is my due date.  If baby was following the set pattern, she should have been early.  As in, up to three days early.  It doesn't appear that will happen.  She has two and a half hours left.  

As of today I am 2 centimeters dilated.  While that is much better than the zero I was two weeks ago, I was really hoping for more.  With Julia I was dilated to a 4, weeks before she was born.  That was agonizing.  I feel like I have been contracting quite a bit like I did with Jules, so I have been surprised that I'm not more dilated.  

All that to say, I feel very content.  My other babies were either summer or early fall babies.  With those pregnancies I was so hot and swollen at the end.  I don't feel like that at all this time around.  Yes, I am tired and big.  But I don't feel miserable.  I feel at peace.  

A week ago I caught my reflection in the mirror and was a little shocked, so I took a quick picture.  What an amazing body God has given us women.  Ignore the dirty mirror, and check out that tummy.  There is a complete little person in there that we will be meeting soon.  


No comments: